Friday, June 4, 2010

My Favorite Sauce on Polenta


I tried this recipe because Mr. Italy himself, Mario Batali, created it. It quickly became my favorite right after I tasted it. Since then I have made it a number of times. Usually I play around with recipes and add to or take away ingredients, not this one, I stick to it like a loyal friend, and like a loyal friend it never lets me down.

Spaghetti Sauce
1/4 C olive oil
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
3 T thyme
1/2 carrot
2 cans, 28 oz., of whole tomatoes (I don't know how many bottles jars of tomatoes that would be)
Dash of red pepper

Heat olive oil, saute the onion and garlic until onion is soft. Add thyme and carrot, cook about 5 more minutes until the carrot is soft. Add tomatoes and juice of tomatoes and bring to a boil, stirring often. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes util sauce is as thick as hot cereal. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment