Monday, May 24, 2010

Bud and Rhubarb

Meet Bud, this is my greatest neighbor slash gardener extrodinaire. He has an acre garden full of tomatoes, peppers, egg plants, whatever you can think of he grows it. Whenever I am in the backyard with Isaiah I can usually find him working in his yard. The other day was no exception he came walking over to me with these huge curious red stalks slung over his shoulder. It was rhubarb. I had never seen rhubarb so big. He gave me a bunch of stalks, being the kind neighbor that he is, and my mind started turning what I could do with it. Maybe rhubarb oatmeal bars, or strawberry/rhubarb jam, or maybe a pie. Any ideas???
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I grew up with rhubarb. My mom loves it. I will have to get her recipes to you so you can health-a-fy them. :)

    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see her recipes, give them a little healthy make over. Send them my way, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I emailed some to you. Hope you can make them healthy because they are yummy and so not healthy!

    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheena, I didn't get the recipes, what email did you send them to?

    ReplyDelete