Thursday, September 9, 2010

Zucchini Fries

This summer has been a blur of vacations, mostly warm days, and squeezing every last drop of sunlight out of a full day. I must admit I am so sad to see it go it went by too quickly. I think I will have to ease into cooler weather with hikes in autumn leaves, and pumpkin bread. One perk to the end of summer is that all of the fresh produce from the garden is at its peak. Zucchinis are in abundance! Crazy enough I picked up a free one the size of my arm on the side of the road. Someone had left a card table with all of their excess produce with a sign that said free. Way to give back!
I came across this recipe on a wonderful blog, named Two Peas and their Pod. I was happy to find this recipe because I have days of zucchini and we were having my in laws over for dinner. The verdict on the fries, they were a big hit, I followed the recipe to a T, so I will just provide a link to the recipe. We had the fries along with Fresh Heirloom Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza, I will post that recipe next.


3 comments:

  1. Two Peas and Their Pod is one of my favorite blogs! Good choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I just stumbled upon it they have a lot of recipes I want to try. Have you tried their zucchini fries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. these were a huge hit in my house. i have already passed the receipe onto a few of my friends...yummy!

    ReplyDelete